Monday, October 5, 2009

Big Banana Ice Cream Fail


I was quite shocked to hear that crushing frozen bananas in a blender could make one ingredient creamy ice cream, according to the Kitchn.

Probably so, just as long as you're using a food processor that was manufactured post the 1980 date and that you have not used it to chop endless amounts of basil right prior to it's current use. Both cause my ice cream's demise.



For starters it was too dry so I added a bit of water & yogurt. (I blame that on my processor.) The texture improved, but there's just no way to hide basil in banana!

Can you imagine that I couldn't bring myself to throw this horrible mistake? It's still in my freezer, yet I wouldn't even feed it to a cat. Well.. I would, but only so I could find out if cats make the same bitter-faces that I make.

No comments: