Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Home Food Check List - Lobster Roll & Fried Clams



I'm not a huge fan of clams, I'm not even a fan of battered fried things in general (other than tempura), so I can't explain why I love fried clams
so much, even if they do make me a little sick. I just do. They're like stringy bits of fishy batter or if you get them at Deluxe instead of a local fish fry, they're like stingy bits of rubbery fishy batter. It's so hard to describe, so I won't this time. You just have to experience their greatness.

And lobster?


It's tasty! I'm from the coast, so of course I love fish and crustaceans; lobster is no exception. Am I the only fan of Lobster who thinks eating the darn things is too complicated and time consuming? .. And this is coming from someone who regularly takes an hour to dissect and eat a large orange. "It's part of the fun!" Pardon me, but having stinky lobster juice splash on my face and bib-less shirt is enough to make me want to wear a nuclear lab suit, or run off and order myself a lobster roll.

That's right kids, you can order a sandwich made of freshly cooked and never canned lobster. It's not even shredded, chopped, nor has it been altered in any mayoed way. It's simply tossed onto a light bed of shredded iceberg lettuce (hey, no nutrients, but it doesn't overpower the delicate lobster taste) and thrown into a run-of-the-mill white bread hot dug bun. Yum.

It's good without S & P and it supports my tradition of having lobster that's not dripping in butter, but it will cost you double the price of a real lobster. (12$ for the Lo.roll compared to 5.99$ lbs for canner lobsters.) I know, ridiculous since I'm the only who thinks this way about lobster, but on my list of things to eat first, L. rolls take precedent over lobsters in the shell..

Unless you're at a family dinner, then bring on the multi hour lobster feast, I say!!

No comments: