Monday, June 21, 2010

How many substitutions is too many?



I realize that the higher the amount of subs I make, the more likely things are going to go horribly wrong. At what point will the waitstaff start to get really irritated with my substitutions list?

I know just how I like my Grilled Fajita Steak salad at Local Heroe's (essentially a taco salad), and I was pretty baffled at how well they handled my multiple requests. Taco Salad sans fromage, in a bowl instead of the deep fried taco shell, and with salsa as the salad dressing. "Salsa?" Uh. Yes. Salsa. Tacos are eaten with salsa (or taco sauce), right? Doesn't it make sense to have it as a dressing?

Team Blackhawks (it was Stanley Cup game day) specified that technically I was only asking for one sub, the dressing. The rest was arguably not a sub since I'd rather have my salad in a real bowl, and was ixnaying the cheese because of the lactose issue.

After about four cups of coffee and waters, the order arrived without a hint of a frown or a shred of cheese. The small cut romaine lettuce was done right (lettuce in a salad should never be bigger than you can fit in your mouth without shoving), tomatoes and veggies were fresh and crisp, but the best parts are the grilled mushrooms and large onion slivers, topped a mound of perfectly cooked fajita steak. And salsa. Blows my soccer socks off everytime.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: