Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mushy On Yo Hammie


It's mini sandwich time! To celebrate the occasion, sandwiches shall forever be renamed sammies. Of course it only makes sense to then call ham sammies, hammies. And if I'm adding mushrooms to my hammies, which I've also taking the liberty of renaming mushies, then we would have on our messy hands, a mushie hammie.

Why with an "ie?" Because I'm french and you're going to put up with my late night spelling idiosyncrasies and watch me add ie to whichever word I fancie. At least I didn't spell it "nite".

Now here's the tale of my little mushie hammie.

Once upon a time..

..a little sliced mini wheat roll was missing his friend jambon. Ham found bun and jumped on the love train to make a quick counter hammie. Hammie was feeling all green thumbs about the near expiring brown paper bag mushies, so I pan fried and steak spiced and topped it all off. The assembled mushie hammie rolled and rolled on the counter, basking in it's own tastiness and colliding with Mr. Onyon who volunteered his deliciousness as a caramelized peace officer. Hammie was all too amused to be eaten, but ordered a Ms Lite Cream Cheezette to tame the appealing ways of the steamy Onyon. Cooled and composed, the little bundle of happy time friends kept rolling and rolling, rolling straight into my wide open mouth. The end.

..

I made these for an older pot-luck among many other overly complicated mini sammies, individually wrapped and all. I expected the office to not finish every one and hand them outside to folks who would really appreciate any kind of food. The office liked them, but sadly rain scared the usual outside the office outsiders back indoors, thus making me eat all the mini sammies myself.

This was enlightening. I learned that I can eat the same thing five days in a row and if it's good enough my tastes buds will still be fist pumping eachother, and that food stories almost always inevitably sound dirtier than they are meant to be.

The double end.

No comments: