Monday, August 17, 2009

A boiled frosting haiku

-- Fourteen Years Ago
I last ate you nostalgic
Boiled Frosting. Yum. --


That's the sorriest excuse for a haiku I've written, but it brings up a good point. Why aren't we eating more Boiled Frosting?

That light and sweet sticky frosting has been out of my life sinceI outgrew my nanny, or at least that's the last time I reall eating it.. until this past weekend. Queue heavenly gates opening and birthday boy's mom depositing this creation within reach of my needy index finger who was internally crying out for me to shout BLOW OUT THE CANDLE. CUT THE CAKE so I can take the plunge into your snowy caps already! "I want YOU!!", just like Veruca Salt begged in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.


Thankfully I've learned to control these sticky urges by keeping my finger on the shutter button until it's safe to eat without looking like Cookie Monster prior to his "cookies are a sometimes food" days.

How could I have forgotten about this purer than snow white frosting? These tastesbuds shall never forget again.


1 comment:

Erica said...

I made boiled frosting today... like sugary crack... so so so good. Im a fan